What's on the needles?
Not much really since finishing my Dad's sweater. Here is the Ravelry link.
I did take over a pair of socks that were meant for me but the yarn was too dark for the other person to knit. They were an inch or so into the pattern after the cuff. I prefer the DPNs so I swapped out the 2 circular needles and now I have 8 carbon fiber DPNs for the two socks.
Whats on the wheel? hmmmm well, I need to finish the Iowa City Guild Fiber Study for October and November samples. The 2016-2017 fiber study is local fiber, from local farms. I'll try to post some pictures of the finished samples. The samples are split into 2 equal parts and then prepped for woolen and worsted and spun accordingly.
Life is Good
Sunday, January 01, 2017
Happy New Year everyone.
I'm setting some things in place to change my life for the better.
My goals for 2017 are as follows
1. Try and remove the toxicity from my life.
2. Zero visits to the Emergency Room. I had a couple in the last few years that I hope will never happen again.
3. Remove the bad eating habits. Will help in goal 1 and 2.
4. Make an effort to take my professional life to the next step in ways that may even include relocation.
5. Stop trying to be more positive and just work on step 1. Self sabotage and negative attitudes about myself are just excuses and I will focus on what I need to be a better person.
6. More personal growth and less wasting of my life. Be more accountable to myself. Spending time reading and enjoying the fiber arts.
Starting tomorrow I will take on a challenge that will kick start things. I haven't had a soft drink since October 16th and it's been tough but I can see the effort is getting easier. The other items on the list will be more challenging but I can see the month doable and I'm actually looking forward the task. Tomorrow is shopping day so I'll plan the meals with the thought of eating right or not eating the bad foods and not having the "bad foods" in the house to tempt me.
Edited to show my baseline. First of all, let me state that I'm doing this publicly to keep myself true to this challenge.
Beginning weight 230.02 lbs
BMI 27.7 (I know some people don't like the BMI measurement but for me it's just another metric to follow)
TBW (total body water percentage) 62.3%
Total Fat 22.4%
My expectations? I would be happy to loose 4% of my weight in the 30 days. About 10 lbs.
Yes I plan to return to the gym like all the other New Years people.
I won't blather on about this each day but I will post more often and I plan to do some blog posting too. If you see numbers at the bottom of my posts, they will be listed like this
CW (current weight) 230.02
CC (calories consumed daily amount) 0
CB (calories burned) 0
DC (delta change from baseline) 0