Sunday, April 06, 2008

Pic- A-Knit




A posting came over one of the group boards I'm on inviting us to a Pic-A-Knit. It was supposed to be a picnic/knit get together organized and hosted by the Long Beach S&B. I suspected to see Renata because she sent out the invite, but this was a group we haven't visited yet so there was a some excitement about who we might know from our travels.

Monique worked so hard to organize and set this up. Pot-luck lunch and even games were part of the agenda. Yes, games like fiber related pictionary and "what's in your bag". I was spinning so I abstained from the pictionary partly because I can't draw very well.

They even had an easel to draw on. Everyone brought a fiber gift for the games so it was a way to destash for us.

Thats me on the far left a foot taller than anyone else or so it seems.

Why are most of the people wearing jackets? It was a little chilly and in the shade the breeze was a little too much for some. Cold is relative I guess, it was in the mid to high 60's today. The gust was making it a little hard to spin with the fiber blowing in the breeze.

It was nice to meet so many new people and share the day.

UPDATE: Monique posted these pictures of the event on her Flickr page.

Hope you all have a great rest of the weekend

Life is Good

2 comments:

  1. That looked really fun! I think it would be great to do something like that when the weather gets a little warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:40 PM

    You & Debbie have the MOST fun! Gee, would you two consider adopting me... never mind that I'm older!

    I hope that I'll get to go on a pic-a-knit when the weather warms up. Have I mentioned that I c-o-o-k?

    - Denise

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here