Tuesday, September 06, 2011

A date with a Spanish lady

Tonight I had a date with a Spanish lady....  I started lessons with a classical guitar teacher tonight. It didn't include dinner and a movie but we made sweet music together, the guitar and I, not the teacher LOL. Seriously, when you stop playing, you lose so much of the muscle memory and the callouses are gone. I have some pain to go through in the next few weeks but the end result will be well worth it. I don't have the skills yet so I will share some of what I'm aiming for. Some of you will recognize the first piece in another style.

and maybe this...
I can listen to this artist for hours on end...

The homework is pretty serious this week with the teacher trying to see where my limits are. I'm looking forward to the hard work and feel the music flow again. Here is a link back to the post where I described the guitar.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:29 PM

    A friend of mine plays various forms of guitars and plays in a band here in the OC and SD counties, he also works for Eastman Guitars. I have attached a link to his youtube page that I thought you might enjoy. He is also from your part of the country. You really cannot hear his playing, but the whole sound is very pleasing. I hope you enjoy....T

    http://www.youtube.com/user/stegre1#p/u/4/fxtleCJZZtw

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here