Friday, May 09, 2008

one potato, two potato

I had to share something just because I thought it was really neat and it turned out better than I could have hoped for. We just finished the PRGE and with a source from Megann I thought of the a cool gift.

I commissioned Julian from Weeones to create these special stitch markers.
My swap partner collects Mr Potato head dolls. They turned out very well and my partner was so very happy by the e-mail she sent me today.

Tuesday night was the first night of the spin study group. We started with Optim. The group by and large was pretty successful after some much appreciated tips from Janel. Make thin strips and pre-draft like crazy.
The group attenuating the fiber.

I'll have to take a few pictures of the spun fiber and the finished skein this weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:27 PM

    Oh soooo sweet, they are soooooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful swap gift! I love those markers! :-)

    Your fan club demands pictures of spun fiber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stitch markers are delightful. And as someone who was born in the "famous potatoes" state, I approve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stitch markers are sooo cute! Glad I could be of service :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS stitch markers!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here