Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We have balanced yarn

The plying issues are under control. I received a little encouragement with a kick in the rump about technique and what a difference it made. The little 1/2 ounce hank was made under her tutelage and the larger, 1 ounce hank was made when I came home that night to reinforce what I learned. Thank you!!!!!

This was some of the Optim and I wish you could feel how soft it is. The pictures don't do this justice. I should have taken the pictures unskeined so you could see the drape and to my joy it was balanced like commercial yarn but so amazingly soft. When the little skein was wound up it made me want to dance. I'm pretty reserved but it was quite obvious I was happy. Tonight I plied up some over spun BFL and Falklands wool into some two ply soft sock yarn. It's soaking in the sink but it's going to pretty nice too.

Lots' more to talk about but it's late and I'm working long hours right now so I'm off to bed.

5 comments:

  1. Woo!Hoo! He gets it. I'm so glad you're back on track with your plying. One more spinning skill conquered. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Isn't it great when you master something like that? Me, I'm still figuring out the difference between "yarn" and "twine" when plying.

    Onward and upward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:42 PM

    your spinning is looking great - look forward to seeing more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Such pretty yarn and it does look soft.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here