Friday, February 08, 2008

More roving arrived today.

The other package of roving arrived today. This will be the last shipment of roving for a little while.

Three pounds 5 ounces of lovely fiber.

One pound of Falklands wool.

One pound of Australian Merino. This feels amazing and so soft.


One pound of camel in a caramel color.

A third of a pound of Mongolian cashmere.

I thought I would blend the merino and cashmere for some luxury sock yarn when I get a little better at spinning. Did you see that most of this us natural colored meaning I will get to dye it. Not sure if I want to dye the roving or dye the hand spun yarn.

The Yellow corriedale is filling my bobbin right now, well almost. I'll ply it this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely fiber. I have not read about the Falkland wool. I know that Mongolian Cashmere is the finest cashmere. Will you be getting a drum carder to help with blending? or are hand cards enough for blending? I will try not to plague you with questions. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a bag [somewhere] of tussah silk blended with camel down. And somewhere I have a small skein or two of it, spun up. I'm starting to look forward to the next move, and to having studio space again after 20+ years. Echoing Punkin's question: is there a drum carder in your future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so great! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cashmere and camel? One pound each? You are living the dream!

    Veronika

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here