Thursday, April 05, 2007

Friday Night Knitting Club

A Mano Yarn Center, one of our favorite LYS had what they call bad girl knit night on Wednesday. Usually comes with a guest, snack foods and libations. We love going here because we see some of the nicest regulars and always seem to meet someone new. This time we had a chance to meet Kate Jacobs who wrote The Friday Night Knitting Club. We arrived about 6:00 ish and found a place at the main table. Wooo Hooo!

Kate was stuck in the rush hour LA traffic so we didn't miss anything.


Shannita took this wonkey photo with my camera. That's me on the left so it's not my fault. I guess we are going for the artistic shot here.


Lots of checking out what everyone is making and comparing yarns and patterns I was working on the cuff of my 2nd sock and quickly changed to a rug square so I could freely talk without making any mistakes. Mrs. Twisted was on her second sock from the cover of the new Interweave Knits sock book.

Kate Jacobs arrived and was quickly welcomed into the group. She talked about the book and her inspirations for writing it. Described the characters and how they developed as she wrote the book.




Very carefully she read three excepts that gave us a feeling for the book and the dynamics between the characters. No she didn't give anything away and neither will I. If you read the book, I hope you loved it as much as we did. If you haven't, pour a cup of tea, get your kneenex and curl up for a good read.


She sat and talked with us after the reading. Signing books,giving us insight in her life and how she used the knitting group as a way to show family/group dynamics.

I used this opportunity to get a SP 10 gift too. Autographed copy of the book to my SP.

Come join us next time for the Author of Punk Knits. Shannita let is slip that she was finalizing the date. I'll let you know more when I hear about it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:19 PM

    The pictures of that yarn shop always look so inviting. They seem to plan really fun/exciting events. It sounds like Mrs. Twisted likes the new IK sock book. I am definitely ordering that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:20 PM

    Woops, I did it again. That comment was from me, Punkin in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here