First time with this group and it should be fun. Half secret and half open exchange.
I hope this gives a little insight to my swap partner with just a few of their questions.....
1. Why are you punk?
To me I think it’s a frame of mind that is similar to the hippies and greasers of earlier generations all the way back to the revolution of our country. Question authority and have an informed opinion. Don’t be afraid to be different and stand alone in your beliefs but keep an open mind to others. You can be a fan of Punk rock music without being a hoodlum or having an evil soul. I applaud the individuals who champion the rights that this country was founded on and will even defend the rights of those who I may not agree with but still have the right to do so in a world where freedom is growing harder to come by. Political disobedience is not an excuse to express hatred towards fellow man. Dislike the action not the man behind the action. OK I just stepped down from my soap box. I love the Music of the time and remember laying in bed at night to listen to Rodney on the Rock just to hear the latest new bands before they hit the progressive radio stations and now you hear them as back ground in commercials. 30 years ago they couldn't get air play and now it's almost normal to hear the Clash or the Ramones songs on TV commercials.
2. What are your five favorite things? (these don't have to be knit related)
- The warmth of inner happiness when you give an unexpected gift to someone who truly deserves and appreciates it.
- The feeling of satisfaction when you accomplish some task that you have been working on for a long time with lots of effort like the first time you play a song on your guitar and it just feels right or when you complete a sock or sweater that you were ready to give up on.
- The radiant glow that shines from my lovers eyes just before we kiss.
- Hearing the excitement in my children’s ( late teens) voices as they discover something in life that makes you reflect back to when you yourself shared the same experience.
- Sharing a beautiful sunset or the reflection of the moon as it shines on the ocean in the arms of the lady I love.
Ok if you mean physical things?
- My guitars because they help me express my self in ways I have yet to explore fully.
- My knitting needles because I love the tools used to create. Besides how can you not love H&S needles?
- My music, I love to hear new music and to grow my collection of eclectic groups.
- A great book that keeps me turning the pages.
- Discovering new yarns
3. What are your three favorite things that you have made with knitting/crochet?
- The felted purse that I made for my daughter. My first project
- My guitar neck sleeve ( my first design)
- My first pair of socks because it told me that I can make socks.
4. What five things would you love to see in a swap box someday?
- Concert tickets to a local club.
- A CD of a band that is yet unknown and sounds like they are on the brink of making it
- Something that tugs at my heart in a good way
- Cool concert Tee (Black of course)
- An inspiring book of patterns or techniques.
5. What are your three favorite yarns? What are your three least favorite yarns?
- Cashmere, Silk and blended varieties from Posh , Mama Llama and Capistrano Fiber Arts
- Acrylic, fun fur, anything that I wouldn’t wear next to my skin.
6. What are your five favorite delicacies?
- See’s Dark Chocolate truffles. I usually stand in line and pick a box of the ones I love instead of the assortment.
- White Chocolate Chip Raspberry Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory
- Crème Brûlée
- Coco’s Harvest Pie
- My own Jello Pudding Cake
7. What are your three favorite guilty pleasures?
- The Beach Boys Music
- Shopping with my wife on Super bowl Sunday instead of football. (we tape it so we can watch the commercials) Yes I really love to shop and not really shop for me.
- Reading the store checkers at the supermarket and being first in line when they open a new register not really a guilty pleasure but I do love the sport of it.
8. What are the five things you look forward to every week?
- Friday night relaxation.
- Knitting with my group(s)
- Watching the weekly netflix movies on either Saturday or Sunday morning
- The probability of a yarn crawl
9. What do you collect?
10. When is your birthday?
10/05/1959 Yes I’m old and make old man sounds when I get up once in a while. Don’t laugh, you time is coming sooner than you think.
11. Do you have any wishlists?
Amazon on the sidebar
12. What would you like your pal to know that is not covered here?
Read my blog and you will see the other side of me and realize that it’s ok to be different. If you think you know me by this list of questions, think again. I temper my thoughts a little on my blog out of respect to some of the extraordinary ladies who read my ramblings because I feel I should. (I know it's mostly ladies who knit and read knit blogs) I remain true to my self but there are certain things I would rather not to discuss here because it is a Craft/Music blog.