Friday, March 14, 2008

New Money

The Department of US Treasury is fond of Purple!

Have you seen the new Five dollar bills? They have a huge purple 5 on the back and purple ink on the front side.

I just wish it was worth as much as it was a few years ago but that's another story. I asked for them at the Bank today because I knew they would be sent to the banks today from the news on the US Treasury website.

Regular readers of this blog know my love of music even though I don't talk much about it. I joined the Punk Rock Gift Exchange a few weeks back and last weekend received my partner and was also contated by upstream partner. The swap facilitator is offering a contest to kick things off. pick three punk songs and give them to your partner and they come up with a yarn and pattern that goes with the song. Oh the possibilities I can think of. I will think of my songs and contemplate my yarns and patterns for the songs sent to me this weekend.

Have a Purple day!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm glad you posted this. now if I get a fiver with purple on it at the shop, I won't call security to arrest a suspected counterfeiter! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:56 AM

    I dig purple. That is alright by me. When we got the contest rules I thought, "oh Jerry may have a hard time narrowing it down to just 3". Was I right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:06 AM

    I'm just going to start using Monopoly money as it's starting to look like that

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here