Sunday, November 16, 2008

My little private Sunshine

The smoke was easing today but the heat continued to be a little repressive. Held up in our home with the A/C on watching the final Nascar Race. I know, I know it's one of my guilty pleasures. If your wondering I'm a Jeff Gordon Fan (ducking my head to miss the flying debris from all the Gordon haters or Jr. lovers, you know who you are.)

It's early and I've only knit a little so far today but we're getting ready to hit the hot tub. Maybe some more when we come back.

The bright spot of the day was the back to back phone calls with my kids. My son is contemplating a move to Wash St with a friend who wants to attend Tiger training school. We were both surprised that their was such a school that taught tiger training but I'm assuming it's a sub-specialty of zoology. He was all excited about moving away and living life on his own. Later he asked my opinion on him becoming a history teacher. All of you who have never met my son, he is a gentle giant with a heart of gold. I think he would be a great teacher after watching him in various points of his life sharing with others. Patience of a saint and the compassion to give all he has to enrich the lives of everyone around him. Can you tell I'm just a little proud? After our chat about work, school and his favorite ska band of the month he had to get back to work. I called and had a wonderful call with my Daughter, the sixteen year old going on thirty six. She went through the merry-go-round of boy friends right now. She is very insistent about not getting serious with any one boy and to date often with all the boys she likes. Last Week she had another minor injury in the last game of the fall season. She plays varsity softball year round and playing catcher has had two broken wrist multiple broken fingers, a concussion, many cuts and bruises and now a strained ACL from a direct collision at home plate. A few weeks of rehab and a brace like the ones the football quarterbacks wear and she'll be fine. The MRI was good so she can play another day. Just the sound of her voice can make my day turn around. Like my little private sunshine. Can you tell I'm in the wrapped around the little finger club?

Time to knit and a little reading before bed. Have a wonderful week

Life is Good

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on 2 wonderful kids. I do hope that her ACL heals nice and that the brace isn't too annoying. Having been in knee immobilizers so often it's scary I know they can wear on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids sound wonderful, but just wait until there are grandchildren! Prepare for the I.Q.to take a nosedive!

    Whoosh--sending some of our cold air your way...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here