Friday, January 19, 2007

FO pics, new baby project and silk sock yarn

Mrs. Twisted made some hand warmers for a lady at work as a birthday present. They are made from one hank of Knit Picks Memories in colorway Rocky Mountain Dusk. We were quite happy with the way it knit up and the feel of the finished item. Very soft and not scratchy. The color looks much nicer knit up than it did on the hank.





Oh we had to go find some baby yarn for a new project for a baby shower a week from this Saturday. She is making a cute cupcake hat in the perfect Yellow for the cake and strawberry pink frosting. It's a 100% acrylic DK weight yarn that feels like silk and even has the sheen but it's baby proof and machine machable.






While I was there I picked up a couple balls of Regia silk sock yarn to try out.




Oh I forgot to add something, Wednesday night I learned how to purl backwards so I wont have to turn my work around while doing entrelac or short rows. Thanks again Anne

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:18 PM

    Starting to wish I'd kept those wristies for myself - not just cause its been cold as hell in Southern CA but cause those came out pretty good and the Knitpicks sock yarn was one of the better ones I've come across (and ladies and gents, I am PICKY when it comes to sock yarn!) I love this yellow and pink yarn! Or maybe its the pattern, but I can tell its going to be so, so cute. I love quick easy and CUTE baby patterns! Oh and it was fun to learn to purl backwards. I think if I practiced it would work just fine, but 35 years of doing it the old way is a hard habit to break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way the Rocky Mountain hand warmers turned out. I was glad to hear your opinion on the yarn as I have some in my stash that I have been anxious to use. The baby hat sounds so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:00 PM

    Punkin - I love the Knitpicks sock yarn! I can't tell by the tiny pictures they show about the colors tho. What colorway do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, acrylic isn't always bad :) - a cupcake hat sounds very cute! Those handwarmers do look nice, too.

    -- Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. cupcake hat! I like it very much. I try knit this hat for my daughters also!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here